- Theory is compulsory for all pupils who take graded exams. Grade 5 MUST be passed in order to continue to do grade 6 practical. This rule IS NOT Keenan School of Musics but a prerequisite of the music boards.
- If theory is taken outside of Keenan School of Music, that is perfectly acceptable. Please forward on details of grade, examination board and teacher / school.
- Pupils who take theory classes in a different school / board, they must be aware of the different standards between music boards. E.G. Grade 5 R.I.A.M is NOT equivalent to grade 5 ABRSM.
- All pupils must have passed the graded theory exam in June in order to continue in the higher grade class; unless cleared by the Director.
- Theory exams are set on certain dates throughout the year, therefore is out of the hands of the Keenan School of Music. Parents / Pupils will always be made aware of such dates in advance. You can also check dates on the individual examining boards.